Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend Adventure

Imagine the calmness of the evening where you can only hear the sound of crickets and can feel the cool breeze of air. I thought that time I will have a refreshing weekend, spending it with Marlou and his sister in her home at Brentville, Laguna.

Marlou's Kin. Marlou's family is well accommodating. During my stay with them, they made me feel very much like at home .

Trips. I enjoyed the travels we had going to Manila. We had side trips to the lobby of the Ocean's Park and a sight of boat rowing at the Manila Bay. The next day was our almost trip to the Splash Islands. As we reached their parking area, we decided not to go swimming there because we will only spend little time there and we'll pay much for the entrance fee. We also went to Tagaytay to play bowling. However, the bowling alley was no longer available and was turned into 'UK' stores. But, I still had a great time. Once again, I had a glimpse of the picturesque Taal Volcano at a distance. What I hope someday is to see its main crater with my own eyes.

Foods. We ate sumptuous foods each meal. 'Manang Nene' and Marlou confessed their cravings for seafoods that's why it is always present. And I am always stuffed.

Activities. There were times when we got in physical. We played lawn tennis early Saturday morning. It was so funny that when we served the ball, it fell off outside the court fence. It was my first time to play the lawn tennis. Afterwards, we swam in the swimming pool in one of the community facilities.

At the end of the day, I thought of the things I really wanted to do amidst the worries of life. I inspected my spiritual life and I wanted to grow with great desire for God. Not just that, ever since I went here in Manila, my eyes were opened about the reality of this world that keeps from telling me that I am not alone. The things I have witnessed and experienced the whole weekend gave me courage and perseverance to continue pursuing my dreams to make it into a reality.

1 comment:

Berting Batuting said...

Nice post. Keep it up. Travel will never be exciting `til you see it with your own eyes.